“We are increasingly seeing signs of what appears to be a return to the epidemic levels of 10 years ago, when fentanyl-related drug overdoses were blamed for 236 excess drug deaths,” Washtenaw County Medical Examiner Dr. Jeffrey Jentzen said in a statement.
It just so happens that MAADAC’s Spring Conference is focused on the opioid epidemic. Speakers include:
- Keynote by Joseph Rannazzisi, DEA Office of Diversion Control (The first time I saw one of his colleagues present, I was not at all looking forward to it. I learned a lot. It was really good and Mr. Rannazzisi is supposed to be even better.)
- Update on Managing Treatment Options for Expectant Mothers by Dr. Carl Christensen
- Grief After Death by Overdose: Working with Survivors by Tana Bridge, Ph.D., LMSW, CTC-S
- Supporting Recovery on Campus by Matt Statman, LMSW, CAADC
- Lessons Learned in Building a Technology Oriented Delivery System by Kristen Senters, MA, CAADC